Saturday, April 02, 2005

Last Night in Loyalton...ever

This is the last time I will ever sleep in the house that I grew up in. While I don't hold any particular sentimental attatchment to it...saying goodbye to a house that holds SO many memories is rather heartbreaking. I've been trying to pack for Japan but I've realized that in addition to packing for a six month journey into the unknown...I also must box up my entire life so that it can be put on a moving truck at any moment. I watched Lost in Translation tonight, which reminded me once again how foreign the next six months are going to be. I want to feel brave, but the truth is, I'm absolutely terrified. OH WELL...too late now! I leave for San Fransisco tomorrow morning. I'm staying in a hotel Saturday night because I have to be at SFO at 7 o'clock in the morning on Sunday. Which of COURSE is the same day as daylight savings, so it will really feel like 6am. My internal clock is going to be extremely screwed up.

My last two days in the US. Good lord...I never really thought it would happen. I will miss everyone so much-but I will be back before you know it, so sit back and enjoy the crazy ride. I'll try to keep y'all posted as much as possible to let you know about my adventures in Japan. Ciao! (Yeah, yeah, I know...WRONG language. This probably is NOT a good sign:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home